Admin Assistant 2 - Athletics
Working Title Administrative Assistant 2 - Athletics
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant 2 - Athletics to join our team. The primary function of this position is to coordinate and provide administrative support to a staff of 50 full and part-time members serving 14 sports and 350 student-athletes within the athletic department at EWU. In addition, this position will assist in both internal and external functions in the department including, but not limited to, providing support during athletic events and special events, maintaining and tracking of receipts, event reconciliations and hiring, dismissing and training of work student support staff.
On top of salary, EWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful candidates must be able to work evenings/weekends on days of sporting events and other athletic special occasions.
- Light lifting and physical labor required when assisting with game and/or event management operations. Attendance at ticketed athletic events may be required.
- This is an agency shop position
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at email@example.com.Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- One year experience as an Administrative Assistant 1
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, public administration or closely related field AND 1 year of relevant and responsible office experience.
- Clerical or office work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen attention-to-detail skills.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Knowledge (through educational degree) or experience in the field of intercollegiate athletics.
- Knowledge or experience with Eastern Washington University and/or State of Washington administrative procedures, practices, and policies.
Other Skills and Abilities: