High School Government/Economics and AP Government/Economics Instructor
P.K. Yonge Developmental Research School, a publicly-funded K-12 laboratory school affiliated with the College of Education at the University of Florida, seeks nominations and applications for the position of High School Government/Economics and Advanced Placement Government/Economics Instructor. This is a full-time, instructional position that reports to the Principal of P.K. Yonge Developmental Research School.
P.K. Yonge’s curriculum is being transformed to support the learning success of every student. P.K. Yonge students are issued a Chromebook at the beginning of each school year as a personal learning device and course support is provided through Canvas and Google Classroom. The high school Government, Economics, and AP Government/Economics instructor will have opportunities to collaborate with colleagues to design and deliver interdisciplinary units organized around a driving question and supported through a learning management system. The ideal candidate would have high school Government and Economics teaching experience and recent training in educational technology and/or experience as an online learner. P.K. Yonge Instructors are expected to leverage technology to support student learning. As faculty members of a developmental research school, PKY teachers partner with university researchers and PKY teaching colleagues to design and test innovations in response to contemporary educational challenges. As a teacher in a laboratory school, interested candidates should be comfortable with both scheduled and unscheduled observers and visitors. Candidates should also have an interest in teacher education.
Specific responsibilities and expectations for a high school Government/Economics and AP Government/Economics Instructor at P.K. Yonge are as follows:
- Design and implement Florida Standards aligned, learning-goals-driven, meaningful, interdisciplinary units of study
- Administer and analyze formative assessments to monitor student progress and plan instructional shifts to increase achievement and success for all students
- Design appropriate accommodations to support academic success for a diverse group of students
- Incorporate effective and innovative uses of technology to support teaching, learning, and collaboration
- Maintain regular parent communication (electronically, face-to-face, and conferences)
- Participate in teacher inquiry to support continuous program improvement
- Commit to continuous professional learning and ongoing reflection on effectiveness of teaching practice and implemented curriculum for all students
Special Instructions to Applicants:
As part of the application packet, please submit:
1. A cover letter or letter of application
2. A complete curriculum vitae with contact information for professional references
3. Three letters of recommendation providing evidence of effective teaching experience and ongoing collaboration with teaching colleagues.
This position is posted as open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.Health Assessment Required: No