Job Number: 76436
Administrative Associate 2
Industrial Contracts Office
Non - Exempt, Full-time
The Office of Technology Licensing at Stanford University seeks an experienced Administrative Associate to provide operational support to the Industrial Contracts Office (ICO). Reporting to the Associate Director of ICO, the Administrative Associate is the central coordinator for Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) intake, including entering new agreements in the office database, troubleshooting electronic submission problems, and tracking related forms. The ideal candidate will be able to explain the MTA process to faculty and laboratory personnel, follow up with university compliance offices to ensure MTAs are finalized in accord with university compliance policies, and respond to queries or direct them to the appropriate person. CORE DUTIES*
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain approved content on ICO website and wiki.
- * - Other duties may also be assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Background check will be required for all final candidates.
Job Family: Administration Job Series Administrative Associate Job Code: 4102 Grade: E FTE: 100% Exemption: Non-exempt
Location: Dean of Research
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.