Job Title: Supervising Locksmith
Job ID: 24077
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 6644, Range 1
About the Position
The Supervising Locksmith is primarily responsible for supervising and working with one or more crews of skilled journey-level Locksmiths and their semi-skilled and unskilled assistants in the performance of the full range of locksmith work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides oversight and design of electrified lock and access control systems for building safety and security.
- Repairs and installs electrified locks, POE Locks, security devices, access equipment, and associated parts.
- Performs various types of preventive maintenance on card access systems, system updates, panel troubleshooting, including: creating keys, general cleaning, lubricating, removing/installing serviceable parts, and adjustments, identifying problems and needed repairs.
- Uses electrical testers, hand/power tools for the completion of lock, access devices, key creation and door security related repairs, installation and removal of hardware.
- Inspects locks, access devices, related equipment, systems, and areas to identify problems and needed repairs.
- Tests and troubleshoots parts, equipment and control panels, system using testing tools for diagnosis.
- Programs Unlocks and secures facility areas.
- Operates utility cart and pickup truck for the transport of personnel, tools, supplies, equipment and waste.
- Providing a high level of inspection to ensure appropriate building and safety codes are met.
- Programs, security system at an Administrator level, programs, and manages security database.
- Plans, designs and oversees the implementation and maintenance of a campus-wide master lock and key program.
- Involved in new construction, remodels and building upgrades which involves: collaborating with engineering and design departments and providing advice and technical expertise on new locking and door security systems. Implements campuses lock standards.
- Records work details in log sheets and keeps time records to assists in completion of documentation.
- Uses computer /laptop for, programming and troubleshooting field devices, maintains the integrity of the security access system,creating access cards, communicating, researching (locks and associated equipment) coordinating repair work, documenting job specific details, and recording time log.
- Interpreting complicated plans, drawings, and contract specifications
- Accurate and detailed planning of work sequencing; ensuring the availability of required materials and equipment; analyzing operations; preparing cost and time estimates.
- Implements, troubleshoots, repairs and programs computerized access control systems.
- Provides lead work direction to a small group or crew of skilled Locksmiths, other skilled crafts workers and their assistants and supports employee development plans. Plans, schedules and assigns work.
- Determines material, equipment and staffing needs for projects.
- Monitors work in progress.
- Oversees Locksmiths, key inventory and integrity, lock shop and the overall master key tracking system
- Serves as campus expert on all matters pertaining to locks, locking systems and fastening devices.
- Consults with campus administrators on the types of systems and devices most appropriate for new facilities and major replacements.
- Consults with campus administrators on the development of a key and access control policy.
- Inspect completed work to ensure it is in compliance with specifications, special instructions and sound trade practices.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24077.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.