Vice President for Student Affairs (5520)
Vice President for Student Affairs (5520)
Posting Number: req528
12 Month Full-Time
Pocatello - Main
The Vice President for Student Affairs provides leadership, vision and direction for co-curricular programs, activities and services that enhance students' experiences, engagement, and enhance retention and graduation outcomes. This position is responsible for creating and supporting an environment that promotes the growth and development of students and facilitates the process of learning and fostering open communication and information sharing between students and the administration. This position serves as a key member of the President's cabinet and reports to the Executive Vice President and Provost with current oversight for 109 full-time equivalent positions.
- Provides leadership and oversight in program development, evaluation of services, financial management and personnel administration for all student affairs functions including the following functions: student unions, clubs and organizations and involvement; campus recreation; counseling and testing; career services; disability services; student housing; student government; veteran student services; students of concern; student conduct; student assistance and grievances; orientation and new student programs; leadership programs including Global Student Leadership program; childcare center; KISU-FM and student publications; and outdoor adventure programs.
- Builds community through empowering the expression and consideration of diverse voices on campus, developing robust co-curricular experiences for students, and cultivating the identification of shared and unifying values.
- Strengthens the capacity of Student Affairs to support and document contributions to the broader mission and goals of ISU, including student learning, improved retention, and leadership/citizenship development.
- Maintains close contacts with students and student organizations and manage crises involving individual students and student groups as needed.
- Serves as an advocate for student welfare; provide supervision and advisement to student government with regard to all student, university and community issues.
- Maximizes effectiveness and efficiency of student affairs operations.
- Oversees and manages strategic planning for the division of Student Affairs in a manner that improves accountability, sustainability and effectiveness of student services.
- Manages and develops partnerships, (public/private) in an effort to improve resources that benefit students.
- Engages in University Advancement efforts and assists in fundraising that will enhance student life experiences.
- Partners and collaborates with faculty and academic administrators on programs, services and activities that support student learning and development.
- Master's degree in a related field with a minimum of seven years experience of progressively responsible leadership and related administrative responsibilities in Student Services on a college or university campus.
- Experience in strategic planning, human talent management, fiscal oversight and facilities planning.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate a strong leadership vision to a broad group of campus and community constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and present complex issues to diverse individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially and effectively with all members of the University community.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate an entrepreneurial spirit within the division, and an environment supportive of student retention.
- Strong operational and business management skills are essential; must have the ability to develop and implement key performance metrics and foster a climate of data driven decision making from knowledge of best practices in Student Affairs.
- Demonstrated record of leadership in delivering student resources, student support, and student development services to both traditional and nontraditional students.
Preference may be given to candidates holding a terminal degree in a related field and/or prior experience in the role of a student affairs officer at a public institution.
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=528
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Letter of Application, CV/Resume, List of three (3) professional references with contact information.
Position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans' preference. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/24tdw29p6jz5nvp3
Apply for Vice President for Student Affairs (5520)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly