*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: Working under indirect supervision, responsible for creating, deploying, maintaining, and measuring an online presence for Facilities and Campus Services (FCS), including websites, social media, e-newsletter, and blog. Partners with the campus community to raise awareness to available FCS resources, services, and campus engagement opportunities.
- Manages the collection and display of all content, including trending data, photography, videos, etc.
- Plans, designs, implements, and maintains social media strategies supporting FCS leadership deliverables and message content. Analyzes and measures results of social media projects.
- Works with external departments on special projects and explores additional strategies to maximize content aggregation, distribution, and visibility.
- Compiles and distributes the FCS newsletter and annual report.
- Develops and maintains metrics and various reporting catalogs.
- Creates written and visual content for various departments of FCS.
- Provides feedback to Assistant Director regarding content distribution and equipment/software needs of FCS including mobile support and new technologies.
- Works to digitize and improve workflow processes within the FCS webpages, such as dig permits, key forms, service alerts, etc.
- Measures effectiveness of online content, making proactive recommendations and implementing processes to increase the success of online resources.
- Provides feedback to FCS departments on technology opportunities and possible efficiency gains.
- Manages the Facilities Spaces with the EMS event software.
- Serves as key FCS contact for campus engagement initiatives with Charge Leadership Group as well as supporting Sustainability departmental efforts.
- Responds to internal/external customer needs and funnels complaints or questions to appropriate FCS departments, as needed.
- Assists in the yearly allocation process for PC’s and supports the rollout of new software and general department training support.
- Manages, secures, and enhances the functionality of the FCS webpages and related links to other online resources using WFU Information Systems protocol.
- Adheres to Wake Forest University Identity Standards with all web design, maintenance, and social media applications.
- Serves backup support to FCS departments in the event of absence of Assistant Director and Preventative Maintenance Manager, as needed.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, communications, marketing or related discipline, with a minimum of at least two years of experience managing web pages or social media presence, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong WordPress experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Knowledge of content management systems (Google Drive, Microsoft SharePoint).
- Proficiency with HTML and other forms of web coding, plug-ins, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and technologies.
- Highly creative in developing new channels for pushing out a steady stream of creative and useful content.
- Ability to develop meaningful digital content.
- Social media expertise (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) to build and engage online audiences, student participation, while developing measureable social media strategy goals and metrics.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to collaborate and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and present data to groups with different interests with poise and confidence.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
To help provide a safe learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States