Assessment Specialist - University Assessment (Office of the Provost)
The primary role of the Assessment Specialist is to support activities related to assessment and accreditation within the Academic and Student Affairs Division. This entry-level administrative position supports program-level student learning outcome assessment efforts across the university including, but not limited to, developing workshop materials and delivering workshops as requested. The Assessment Specialist is responsible for administering surveys, data analysis and visualization, as well as creating reports for internal and external stakeholders. This individual works as a member of the Strategic Planning, Assessment, and Accreditation (SPAA) team within the Office of the Provost, under the supervision of the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The Assessment Specialist effectively communicates and collaborates with other SPAA team members, with faculty and staff in a variety of functional areas across the university, and with stakeholders internal and external to the university. Assessment efforts are focused on the effectiveness and impact of programs and services as they contribute to the mission and strategic plans of the university. The Assessment Specialist must be able to integrate feedback from multiple stakeholders and respond to different project needs. The Assessment Specialist tracks projects from start to finish, and manages multiple projects and priorities. The work involves a significant amount of detail-focused tasks in a quiet office environment.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, with training or background in one or more of the following areas: assessment, planning, statistics, research methodology, program evaluation, or similar area;
- Experience with assessment processes, including planning, outcomes development, instrument design, data collection, analysis, and reporting;
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience using and applying one or more of the following: analytical software, database management system software, data mining software, and survey software;
- Demonstrated ability to produce data in a clear and understandable manner meeting user requirements;
- Ability to work with data of varying levels of quality and validity;
- Proven competence in managing multiple tasks and ability to set priorities;
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgement, diplomacy and tact;
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communications skills;
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion of all community members;
- Commitment to a collaborative team approach and customer service; and,
- Ability to self-motivate, self-pace, and work autonomously.
Salary: $45,000 - $50,000
Application Deadline: October 16, 2017
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and click “Apply now”. Include a resume and a cover letter stating how your skills, education and experience address the responsibilities and qualifications of this position. The online system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you need assistance or have questions, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.