Postdoctoral Research Associate
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Requisition Number: STFR004049
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Performs basic or applied research of a limited scope, primarily using existing theories and methods. Assists the supervisor in the interpretation and publication of results and grants. Maintains the laboratory (if utilized) and may exercise functional supervision over supporting research staff. Primary responsibility is ensuring that the research is complete. The appointment generally does not extend beyond one year.
Must have a Ph.D. or equivalent; be able to undertake substantial full-time research or scholarship; work under the supervision of a senior scholar. Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the US. Must have completed their PhD no earlier than three years before the start of the NEU fellowship term. A newly awarded Future Faculty Fellow may not be a currently employed NEU postdoctoral scholar or PhD student.
- Each Fellow must present at least one research seminar or colloquium on the Northeastern University campus during the academic year of the Fellowship. Each Fellow also must give at least one presentation on his/ her research at a national or international conference during the academic year of the Fellowship. All publications, conference presentations, and seminars authored or co-authored by the Fellow must acknowledge support by the Northeastern University Future Faculty Fellowship Program.
- As the Future Faculty Fellowship program is designed to help the Fellow build a research portfolio towards his/ her future academic success, Fellows are not required to teach courses at Northeastern, but may give occasional guest lectures.
- Fellows are encouraged to participate in grant proposal writing and in outreach activities, in additional to the customary activities of postdoctoral fellows: research, publication, and presentation.
- If applicable - The Northeastern University faculty member and the department chair supervising the Fellow’s host laboratory or laboratories must agree to furnish the laboratory space, laboratory supplies, and the Fellow’s access to equipment that is needed for the Fellow’s proposed research for the entire year.
- The research project(s) to be carried out by the Fellow may be conducted in collaboration with the Northeastern University Principal Investigator(s) of the host lab(s). Fellows are especially encouraged to pursue independent research.
Applicants are asked to submit all materials online through the Northeastern Human Resources application system with letters of commitment sent directly to Kathleen Kenney, Assistant Director ADVANCE, firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of recommendation may be uploaded by the applicant into the application system, or emailed to email@example.com. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.