Requisition Number: STFR004046
Division/College: College of Computer and Information Science
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Part Time
We are seeking a part-time Game Developer to work on the protein folding game Foldit. Foldit is a computer game that challenges players to solve real biochemistry problems. Its website is at https://fold.it/. The developer will be responsible for implementing new features, refining and improvising existing features, creating automated tests of the software, and deployment of the software and documentation of the software. This position will require the developer to interface and coordinate with the current interdisciplinary, distributed Foldit team. The position will prioritize game stability and usability. The primary language for development is C++.
- C++ development
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years of experience required. Interest in biochemistry is preferred.
- Version control (preferably git)
- Experience with large codebases
- Works well in teams and independently
- Self-motivated with great organization, communication, and problem-solving skills
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- GUI or game development experience
- Python development
- Network development
- Cross platform (Windows/MacOS/Linux) development
- Biochemistry interest
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.