The membership director leads NCAN’s work (1) to serve and retain current members and (2) to increase adoption of effective college access and success services for underrepresented students by higher education institutions and K-12 schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and oversee execution of a comprehensive membership plan to serve, retain and recruit NCAN members through professional development, services and networking.
- Create and lead a cross-sector engagement plan to foster relationships with higher education and K-12 schools to promote adoption of effective college access and success services. Identify and share challenges and good examples through relevant channels.
- Maintain and expand the NCAN membership through (1) oversight of the annual membership cycle and recordkeeping and (2) analysis of important trends such as new member recruitment and acceptance, member engagement and satisfaction, and member renewal. Regularly report analytics to NCAN colleagues, board of directors, and membership.
- Manage related grant-funded projects as assigned.
- Supervise relevant staff members including the Member Services Associate.
- Write regular articles for NCAN’s blog and newsletters and share knowledge about NCAN’s members and students.
- Represent NCAN externally as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, JOB KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
This position requires at least seven years of experience related to NCAN’s mission of ensuring college access and success for students traditionally underrepresented in higher education. Supervisory experience and professional interaction with nonprofit organizations, higher education institutions, and high schools or school districts is preferred. A bachelor’s degree is required.
This position also requires in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint); excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills; and a valid in-state driver’s license for local travel. The individual in this position must be able to independently make strategic decisions, generate innovative ideas and solutions, and multitask to accommodate a wide variety of tasks and regularly changing activities.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS
The Membership Director must be able to work with and around others from a myriad of backgrounds and on a daily basis. Those people include, but are not limited to, employees of all levels within the organization, NCAN Board members, NCAN members, school and community leaders, consultants, policymakers, government officials and vendors.
NCAN employees have access to sensitive and confidential information, and are trusted to maintain these files and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grantee information and other business related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in a loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
COMPENSATION AND TIMELINE
This position is full-time and includes NCAN’s benefits package. The position is located at NCAN's Washington, DC, office and available immediately. Remote employment will not be considered. Salary commensurate with experience.
The position is open until filled, but applications received before October 6, 2017, will receive priority consideration.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to:
Sara Melnick, Deputy Director
National College Access Network
1001 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 300
Washington, DC 20036
Apply for Membership Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly