Professional Services Specialist 3, Business Report Writer, Office of Information Technology Service
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
Under the direction of the Director of Information Systems and Business Intelligence, works as a member of a team in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of reports and ad-hoc queries, as well as data analysis for reporting purposes; does other related duties as required.
- Design, develop, test and implement new reports through the University’s enterprise reporting tool in accordance with end user requirements.
- Assist users with the creation and maintenance of reports developed through the University’s enterprise reporting tool.
- Convert pre-existing reports and ad-hoc queries from the current enterprise reporting tool to a potential new platform.
- Read and analyze functional documentation to assist users in exploring new and existing data elements.
- Provide support, training, documentation, and QA testing for the University’s enterprise reporting tool and associated reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Information Systems and Business Intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Two years of professional level experience in analysis, design and preparation of business intelligence reports and ad-hoc queries within a complex, multi-system ERP environment.
- Working knowledge of Ellucian Banner ERP including bolt-on products (Workflow, BDMS, ePrint), Blackboard LMS, enterprise CRM, and warehouse reporting for Oracle databases is preferred.
- A Master’s degree may be substituted for one (1) year of required experience.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- A list of three references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.