Navarro College is a two-year accredited community college serving five counties in North Texas – Navarro, Ellis, Freestone, Limestone and Leon counties. The college has five distinct locations all with close proximity to the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex. The main campus is located in Corsicana, TX, fifty miles south of Dallas. Additional campuses are located in Waxahachie, Midlothian and Mexia with a Career and Technical Center in Fairfield.
As of the fall 2017 semester, the college enrolled 9,013 credit students from culturally diverse backgrounds. Since its beginning in 1946, Navarro College has focused on a legacy of student success. An integrated instructional program of general education and career and technical education leads to over 99 degrees and certificates. Highly qualified faculty are committed to serving the academic, technical and vocational needs of students as they establish relationships with students to assist them in achieving their individual goals. Thirty-six residence halls are home to over 900 students each semester.
The college has six nationally recognized athletic programs at the Division I level of the National Junior College Athletic Association. National Champion-ships have been won in football and baseball. The Navarro College Cheer Team has an impressive record of 12 national championships over a 15-year period.
The Navarro College Board of Trustees is actively seeking a District President who will honor the unique culture, traditions, and history of Navarro College. The Board of Trustees seeks a seasoned visionary leader with superb communication skills who will be highly committed to addressing the following:
Challenges and Opportunities
- Promote the enrollment management agenda to increase student enrollment.
- Identify and implement alternative methods of funding to increase revenue at the institution.
- Lead strategic efforts to expand existing programs and create new programs, including the exploration of offering baccalaureate programs.
- Promote and sustain a culture where people are valued and empowered to achieve the goals of the institution.
- Continue to foster and build a strong relationship with K-12 and institutions of higher learning and in particular, the unique partnership with Texas A&M University-Commerce and Tarleton State University.
- Provide leadership in managing and promoting an extensive Dual Credit and On-line instructional program.
- Lead and provide innovative approaches to instruction, student services and support services to sustain the institution’s sustainability into the future.
- Provide leadership and commitment to strengthening the institution’s infrastructure, technology and internal operating systems.
- Strengthen and promote communication between and among off-campus centers to create a spirit of co-operation and inclusiveness.
- Earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Three to five years of presidential experience at the community college level.
- Progressive leadership roles in higher education administration.
- A proven track record as a student-oriented advocate dedicated to the mission of the community college.
- A leader with foresight and experience in promoting an enrollment management agenda designed to increase student headcount.
- A visionary leader who promotes an environment of trust, shared governance, open dialogue and honest collaboration.
- A visible, accessible, caring and fair-minded individual with exceptional communication and listening skills who values and respects the unique characteristics and abilities of individual staff members.
- An individual with impeccable integrity who respects, sustains and promotes a rich cultural heritage for Navarro College.
- A data-driven decision-maker who is innovative, creative and a risk-taker who understands how potential change may impact students, faculty, staff and the community.
- An experienced leader with demonstrated ability to work with students, faculty and staff in building highly successful teams and empower staff in addressing institutional needs.
- An experienced leader adept at crisis management.
- A leader who will strive to achieve the highest standards of performance in teaching and learning.
- Teaching experience at community college level preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with intercollegiate athletic programs and auxiliary services such as residence life, dining services, campus stores, etc.
- An understanding of and a commitment to workforce training and job development across a large rural geographic region.
- Knowledge and expertise in working with an elected governing board.
- Demonstrated experience in working within a political environment, the state legislature and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- A leader who is open and transparent with the Board of Trustees, staff members and the public.
- A leader who is an articulate spokesperson and advocate for the college.
- An entrepreneur who interacts effectively with business, civic, industry and community leaders.
- An experienced leader who builds and fosters strong partnerships with K-12 and university partners.
- Experience working with multiple campuses in diverse communities.
- Human-centered philosophy where people are valued and staff empowered to achieve the highest standards of performance.
- A fiscal steward who has had significant experience working with budgets and has familiarity with budget operations.
- A skilled fundraiser with demonstrated success in working with foundations and fund raising.
- Knowledge and experience with the accreditation process.
- An individual who embraces technology and is experienced in the use of technology.
- An individual committed to diversity and inclusiveness within the college.
- An individual who is willing to reside in the taxing district and be active in the service area communities.
Please complete the application form available on-line at http://www.navarrocollege.edu/presidential-search. Supporting documentation to the application should not exceed five (5) pages. Target date for applications is December 1, 2017. Position is open until filled.
Navarro College is seeking individuals who strive for service excellence, value, creativity, innovation, are looking for a joyful workplace, are respectful toward others, are team players, and have integrity. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status.