Youth Activities Staff
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the school's academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 32 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division I teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The University of Denver's Athletics & Recreation department is searching for 5-10 Youth Activities Staff to work during DU's winter break School Days Off Day Camp program. Youth Activities Staff are responsible for implementing fun filled games and activities for campers ages 5-11, while ensuring the safety of all participants in our facility.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Provide excellent customer service to program participants and parents.
- Ability to plan and execute structured lesson plans for campers ages 5-11.
- Ability to encourage participation through age appropriate skills and instruction.
- Ability to evaluate camper progress and help their development.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and training sessions.
- Respond to participant questions and comments.
- Provide excellent customer service to all Ritchie Center guests.
- Maintain a general knowledge of youth programs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to move about the Ritchie Center while transporting equipment or objects up to 50 pounds.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Current or previous CPR/AED/First Aid certification (certification classes offered at the Ritchie Center).
- 1-2 years of youth flag football coaching experience.
- Some college.
- Current American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid certification.
Monday-Friday, Between the hours of 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Exact work schedule to be determined with supervisor.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. For further information, contact Lywanna Melvin, Youth Activities Manager, at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.