Product Marketing Manager
The Product Marketing Manager provides strategic support to establish our (Undergraduate or Nursing/Master's) degrees and other programs as the leader in adult online learning. This role develops the positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategy for one or more of our degree products or programs that empower students to transform their lives through education.
This role requires an analytical approach and a deep understanding of the market to deftly connect our degrees and programs to student and market needs. This role collaborates with cross-functional teams and agencies on communications and promotional strategies, communicating the value of our degrees and programs prospective students, B2B audiences and alums.
- Work with internal and external teams to develop degree/program positioning, competitive differentiators, messaging and content that differentiates Strayer in the market
- Build a roadmap of ongoing, cross-channel, strategic marketing initiatives at a degree/program level. Own the performance and tracking of all initiatives and suggest optimizations to deliver on brand and business KPIs
- Craft a consistent and compelling narrative across channels, maintaining strong messaging hierarchy and effective content strategy plans
- Build content to showcase a differentiated story with compelling business results
- Partner with Creative and Brand internal teams and agencies to ensure proper product representation in brand campaigns
- Partner with internal channel managers to deliver media, PR and promotional plans to meet degree/program KPIs
- Draw on qualitative and quantitative insights to understand degree/program adoption, usage, and retention across student segments
- Develop competitive insights to inform messaging and communications strategies
- Partner with the Academics team to help prioritize degree/program development based on customer and market research
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- From a regionally accredited institution; Bachelors degree required
- 5-10 years experience in a product marketing or product management role
- A high-energy, creative and resourceful self-starter who has demonstrated outstanding leadership skills, business ownership and personal accountability
- Results driven marketer with strong storytelling skills, technical aptitude, leadership skills and business acumen
- Excellent strategic and tactical program and project management skills with ability to generate high-impact ideas, clearly prioritize, manage multiple project simultaneously and a bias for action and to drive projects to completion
- Strong business acumen with ability to provide consultative and diplomatic guidance and support to others to elevate the quality of individual work stream plans
- Ability to analyze results and draw conclusions to guide continuous improvements and new initiatives
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with all levels of stakeholders and personalities
- Proven professional with strong executive presence
- Growth mindset, adaptability, and a drive for continuous improvement
- Comfortable with and ability to thrive in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Must be able to travel 10% of time.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Typical office setting.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro may be required to perform this job.
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.