Associate or Full Professor, College of Medicine
TheUniversity of Kentucky College of Medicineis currently seeking an Associate Dean to develop a regional medical school campus in Northern Kentucky for four-year medical education. The program is the third regional medical school campus announced by UK, and is designed to increase the overall number of physicians in the Commonwealth. The newest UK College of Medicine initiative will be in partnership withNorthern Kentucky University and St. Elizabeth Healthcare.
Reporting to the Vice Dean of the College of Medicine, the Associate Dean will provide overall leadership, implementation, and management of the campus In partnership with College of Medicine leadership, faculty and staff, local community and health system(s), and academic partners. This position will implement and oversee all aspects of the program in the community, while building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders in the region while also serving as the primary liaison with the Lexington campus, other regional campuses, college faculty and leadership as well as the Dean of the College of Medicine.
Key elements of the program over which the Associate Dean will maintain administrative authority or influence include the recruitment and development of teaching faculty, curriculum performance, admissions processes, access to student services, and financial stewardship and management.
Representative duties also include:
• Work in collaboration with Northern Kentucky University and St. Elizabeth Healthcare's leadership, staff and faculty during design, development, implementation and ongoing administration of program.
• Serve as the principal administrator for all facilities in coordination with local health systems.
• Lead and direct all campus outreach activities, including serving as the principal representative of the campus and the university in relations with local external agencies (e.g., advisory boards, alumni, legislators, media, community leaders, business and professional organizations, etc.); identify community programmatic needs, obtain financial support, and maintain base of public community support; serve as primary advocate and spokesperson for the campus in coordination with College of Medicine Senior Communications Director and University Relations.
• Interpret and implement university policy at the local campus level; provide leadership in establishing campus objectives and goals; develop and manage all resources essential to the achievement of campus objectives and goals.
• Oversee the financial management of the campus; develop and implement capital expenditure programs; develop, manage, and review budgets.
• Ensure the organization's budgetary and administrative processes are aligned with strategic plan and goals. Manage the development, implementation, and continuous monitoring of the annual budget for the regional campus. Analyze, forecast, and evaluate spending levels relative to projected annual revenues.
Please include a CV and cover letter along with application. Application review will begin immediately and will continue until filled.
Associate or Full Professor, College of Medicine
Associate Dean, College of Medicine Northern Kentucky Campus
7H002:OFFICE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION
Highland Heights, KY
Type of Position
Position Time Status
An MD or DO degree and the academic rank of associate or full professor is preferred. PhDs or other advanced degrees will be considered particularly if there is a strong track record of research or experience in quality-improvement, patient safety, or academic medical administration / education.
Required Related Experience
• Experience as a medical and public health systems thinker, who has developed linkages to college campuses, care delivery and partnering with others.
• A significant leadership role in an academic medical center, with demonstrated strategic and implementation skills and the ability to motivate key constituencies.
• The capacity to develop and enhance mechanisms for student support, retention and evaluation.
• Familiarity with community-based medical school campus structures.
• A proven track record in fundraising or effective interpersonal skills.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Licensure in area of practice, within the state of Kentucky
• Understanding of the issues facing current medical education, with significant experience implementing, leading, and operating a regional medical education program and managing the complex financial issues facing medical schools and their clinical partners.
• Expertise in curriculum assessment and implementation.
• Familiarity with the admissions process
• An innovative and creative leader committed to continuous improvement in medical education, student life and student services.
• A collaborative leadership style that integrates assertiveness, flexibility, creativity, integrity, transparency and a supportive attitude and readily engenders confidence and trust.
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity and demonstrated success in working with diverse communities.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to enable productive teamwork and to communicate effectively with broad audiences inclusive of Board of Trustees, senior leadership, physicians, governmental entities - national, state, and local, and the community at large.
• Familiarity with accreditation requirements and reporting.
• The ability to work cooperatively.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Experience in allopathic medical school administration is preferred with significant involvement in medical education, and a strong understanding of undergraduate medical education.
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- KY Association of Primary Care Physicians
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend, and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter