Media Lab Monitor (P/T), CPRN14397LRC
Perform functions related to the daily operations and services of the Library Media Lab. Facilitate access to Lab resources and maintain the Lab according to defined polices.
Position Title: Media Lab Monitor (P/T), CPRN14397LRC
Duties of Position:
- Serve as an initial point of contact for Media Lab patrons.
- Check in and check out Media Lab equipment to patrons.
- Clean and maintain Media Lab resources as needed.
- Provide support to patrons using Media Lab resources during hours when full-time Media Lab staff are not scheduled, including some weekend hours.
- Explain Media Lab policies to patrons; resolve or refer patron problems as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: Six months of customer service; proficiency with internet and Mac computers; proficiency in written and spoken English.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: One year of customer service; one year of work in a library or digital media field.
EDUCATION: One year of college.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Macintosh computers; Microsoft and Adobe applications; video and audio editing software and recording equipment.
Work occurs in a computer lab inside a college library and involves regular contact with students and the public. Required to spend long periods of time at a computer monitor and keyboard with some exposure to electromagnetic fields from video displays. Must have the visual acuity to read computer screens.
This position requires a pre-employment background check at the expense of the college.
Department: Library - LRC
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt