Administrative Assistant III (P/T), CPRN21575CE
Process student registration from application to payment to ensure students are properly enrolled in their classes.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant III (P/T), CPRN21575CE
Duties of Position:
- Register students in person, by phone, by mail and by fax and provide students with College-wide information including assistance with touchtone and Internet registration.
- Establish student files with required information.
- Knowledge of all program requirements.
- Process student and departmental drop/adds, canceled classes, non-pursuits and drops for non-payment.
- Process chargebacks and joint agreement registrations which requires knowledge of multiple databases.
- Calculate and process financial adjustments on student accounts.
- Accept all forms of payment including entering of credit card information.
- Determine residency status and correct discrepancies.
- Process permits or direct student to proper department.
- Responsible for verification of student information while maintaining student privacy according to FERPA.
- Problem solve faculty and staff issues in regard to registration.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of College policy by attending seminars and participating in departmental and College-wide committees.
- Issue temporary I.D. numbers upon student request.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Two (2) years' of experience in busy office environment. Extensive telephone and customer service skills.
High school graduate. Courses in Office Information Technology and Business Math or equivalent.
Experience with use of multi-line telephone in an educational environment.
Some college level courses.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer, multi-line telephone, copier and fax machine.
Extensive use of telephone and computer. Delivery of materials to cashier's office. Lifting up to 25 lbs.. Some standing work. Position is part-time and work hours could vary as required. This position requires a background check at the expense of the college.
Department: Continuing Education - CE
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt