Test Proctor - Part Time
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: A Test Proctor supports learning by facilitating and administering most tests and quizzes in the testing center. The proctor ensures that an appropriate testing environment is maintained, both in terms of the needs of the students and the integrity of the process. This is a part-time position during the academic year; hours will vary each semester based on academic needs.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicates with the coordinator and the ASC director in regard to office policies, testing procedures, potential test accommodations, and the handling of test materials.
- Handles test materials and proctors tests with integrity and confidentiality. Ensures that students comply with procedures as to what may be brought into the test environment. Reports to the director any irregularities or lapses in integrity in relation to the testing process or the handling of materials.
- May serve as a reader and/or scribe if testing accommodations require this. Recognizes that a strict standard of confidentiality applies in relation to any student receiving accommodations in connection with a disability.
- When necessary, communicates directly with faculty members to confirm testing procedures and expectations, including in regard to the delivery and return of tests.
Essential Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college coursework preferred.
- Customer service experience required; general office experience preferred.
- Able to utilize excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to (a) listen with empathy and respect, (b) communicate clearly, and (c) convey courtesy, patience and a desire to help.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and faculty, characterized by cooperation, attention to detail, flexibility, reliability, efficiency and personal responsibility.
- Able to follow established procedures closely. Able to exercise judgment and composure when faced with an unexpected situation or an uncooperative or dissatisfied student, staff or faculty member, deferring to the director when appropriate.
- Able to engage in general office procedures, including filing and basic computing.
- Standing/sitting; filing; moving about testing room around table and chairs.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission included. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.