Associate Director for Budget and Resource Planning - Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learnin
Associate Director of Budget and Resource Planning
Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for an Associate Director for Budget and Resource Planning in the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL). The Associate Director is responsible for working with the Director of CITL and senior administrators to strategically plan, administer, develop, and assess the organization's annual budget and manage all business operations for CITL. This position in a 100% full-time, benefit's eligible Academic Professional position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the CITL leadership team and represent CITL on campus committees.
- Serve as a resource to Director and other campus leadership in areas related to CITL's budget, expenditures, strategic planning and resource allocation in order to inform decision making.
- Work closely with the Director, Office of the Provost and other key stakeholders to develop, implement, assess and recommend improvements to the CITL business model which reflect its unique mission within the campus.
- Enhance and maintain CITL's financial operations, including managing and overseeing budget planning, internal reporting and authorizing all payments for CITL.
- Develop and prepare special financial statements and reports (e.g., narrative, graphical, statistical) in response to ad hoc and other data requests.
- Communicate effectively, to a broad audience with varying levels of financial knowledge, information pertaining to CITL budget, business policies and process.
- Assist academic units as they consider and analyze return on investments related to instructional activities.
- Provide financial assistance on CITL related data to the Division of Management Information and, as requested, to colleges and other stakeholders.
- Supervise business office staff.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's or MBA preferred
- Ability to access and analyze complex financial information, and develop financial models.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience with university financial management.
- Proven experience in budgeting, financial reporting, and application of university policies and procedures.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to make clear and concise presentations relating to complex financial analysis.
- Excellent financial management skills and the ability to address financial issues and develop policies and procedures as needed.
- Strong organizational skills including the capacity to set and manage multiple priorities.
- Experience at the University of Illinois in the areas of accounting, resource allocation and financial analysis.
- Experience using SCT Banner software or similar financial software.
- Experience supervising business office staff.
Application: To ensure full consideration application materials must be received by October 6, 2017. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search however a hiring decision will not be made until after October 6, 2017. Start date is as soon as possible. All candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
CITL also requires degree verification upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Associate Director for Budget and Resource Planning - Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (A1700598)
Open Date: 09/22/2017
Close Date: 10/15/2017
Organization Name: Center Innov in Teach Learn