Coordinator, Engineering Career Services - Engineering Administration (A1700596)
Coordinator, Engineering Career Services
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Extended to November 1, 2017
The College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Coordinator, Engineering Career Services. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Coordinator, Engineering Career Services provides career management services for Engineering students and employers. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide professional career advising and counseling to students in the College of Engineering through individual meetings and workshops on topics such as career preparation and search plans, resume reviews, mock interviews, job offers and negotiations.
- Educate and provide direction to students regarding professional work opportunities and employment trends and provide a wide variety of career information and materials.
- Maintain student records of the meetings and student progress.
- Assist in developing career education and instructional materials, workshops and programs for engineering students, student organizations, and departments focused on communicating employment information to students.
- Work as a member of a team to plan, organize and implement career events and publications for students and employers, including special events such as career fairs, meetings, receptions, resources and speaker programs.
- Assist in collecting internship and full time employment data.
- Collaborate with staff members in the College on special projects related to Career development and advising.
- Maintain a professional, service-oriented environment for students and company representatives.
- Use social media and virtual technologies in the communications and delivery of services to students.
- Organize and manage special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- One year of professional work experience in a recruiting, HR, career services, or academic advising environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of the job market and career search processes and strategies.
- Master's degree
- Experience advising students in a University career services office.
- Experience working with students, including international students.
- Knowledge of job market for college students and engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge of career assessment tools.
- Highly proficient with web-based resources, software (MS Word) and social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, presentation and project management skills.
The Coordinator, Engineering Career Services position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by November 1, 2017. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Thurman Etchison, email@example.com, 217-300-2193.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Coordinator, Engineering Career Services - Engineering Administration (A1700596)
Open Date: 09/22/2017
Close Date: 11/01/2017
Organization Name: Engineering Administration