Visiting Research Specialist - Center for Wounded Veterans in Higher Education (A1700597)
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
College of Applied Health Sciences
Center for Wounded Veterans in Higher Education
Visiting Research Specialist
The Center for Wounded Veterans in Higher Education within the College of Applied Health Sciences at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, is seeking a Visiting Research Specialist whose primary responsibilities are to facilitate interdisciplinary Veteran related research. The primary responsibilities of this position focus on fostering relationships with Veterans interested in participating in research, and with military and research communities at the institutional, state and national level. This is a visiting academic professional position and is a renewable 12-month, 100% time appointment with regular University benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and start date will be as soon as possible after the closing date of the search.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary Veteran-related research involving campus faculty and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a research registry for Veterans interested in participating in research as participants or collaborators.
- Identification of researchers on campus with an interest in Veteran-related research
- Assist faculty in identifying sources of sponsored funding
- Foster dialogue between faculty and relevant agencies
- Connecting Veteran related research with campus resources
- Develop and foster relationships with military and research communities at the institutional, state and national level
- Close communication with the Center for Wounded Veterans in Higher Education and other Veterans groups
- Hosting visits by leaders of organizations that support Veterans and representatives of federal and state agencies serving Veterans
- Participation in meetings and events hosted by Veteran's organizations
- Bachelor's degree in social or behavioral sciences
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, computer, and organization skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in military and Veteran-related topics
- Master's degree in social or behavioral sciences or equivalent training with a minimum of 2 years of direct experience working with Veteran-related research and/or military populations
- Experience in project management
- Experience in human subject research
- Experience with both clinical and translational research projects
- Knowledge of and experience with the Department of Veterans Affairs
Proposed start date: As early as possible after closing date.
Application Process: The following materials are required and should be submitted online at: http://jobs.illinois.edu. (1) A letter of application that includes a statement of interests and summary of qualifications for the position; (2) resume; and (3) names and contact information for three professional references. For more information about the position applicants may contact:
Jake Sosnoff, Chair
Associate Director, CHAD
Associate Professor, Kinesiology and Community Health
Closing date: To ensure full consideration, materials should be uploaded by October 23, 2017. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Applied Health Sciences
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Visiting Research Specialist - Center for Wounded Veterans in Higher Education (A1700597)
Open Date: 09/22/2017
Organization Name: Ctr Wounded Veterans Higher Ed