ADMISSIONS OFFICER I
ADMISSIONS OFFICER I
Admissions Counselor - EMBA Programs THE FUQUA SCHOOL OF BUSINESS OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
Participate in a team effort to market, recruit and select students for enrollment in Duke University's portfolio of MBA and Master of Management degree programs. Provide administrative management and coordination for admissions functions.
• Participate in phone and e-mail campaigns to qualify prospective students and answer questions
• Counsel prospective students on the admissions process
• Host prospective students during campus visits
• Propose and implement strategies to yield applicants in the pipeline
• Network and develop alumni base to promote and support recruitment efforts
• Read, evaluate and present applicants to the admissions committee for consideration. Participate in the evaluation of admitted applicants for scholarship consideration
• Execute communications campaigns to prospective students
Skills and Qualifications
• Undergraduate degree required
• Admissions, counseling, sales, marketing, or corporate recruiting experience highly desirable
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast- paced environment
• Must be very comfortable in a highly computerized environment, including Excel, PowerPoint, communication tools, and e-mail
• High level of comfort and professionalism in working with top executives
• Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and team skills are essential
Note: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
1009 ADMISSIONS OFFICER I
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, genderexpression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexualorientation, or veteran status.Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work generally requires a knowledge and understanding of collegeexperience and student life obtained through the attainment of abachelor's degree.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.