Assistant Director of Admissions
Under the direction of the Center Director this position coordinates efforts in and around the Gwinnett, Georgia region to recruit, enroll, and advise new and returning students as well as maintaining a strong presence within the community and businesses to help grow enrollment.
uties and Tasks:
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them form the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Increase the regional prominence of the adult education program at Saint Leo University through program marketing, information sessions, student recruitment and implementation of enrollment management tactics
- Implement a seamless follow-up on all prospects and develop effective relationships with the area businesses and educational community, ensuring high visibility for the programs and Saint Leo University at large
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the recruitment and marketing plan with the purpose of promoting Saint Leo University's visibility and general recruitment efforts throughout the Tampa Bay region
- Meet enrollment goals for assigned target recruitment area
- Evaluate and execute admission decisions on applicant files
- Maintain continuing flow of quality applicants to the University by analyzing trends in enrollment and marketing activities, leading activities to continue programs that are effective; presenting new strategies for the University's recruitment and admission activities
- Gain the respect of diverse individual groups by demonstrating the ability of the University to respond to the concerns and interests of its community stakeholders
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhance University reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Advise new and returning students, register students in University enrollment system, maintain/update files and complete/assist in student paperwork.
- Support the University's mission and core values as a contributing member of the University community
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director
- Travel, weekend and evening work is required
- Prior recruiting and marketing experience, advising skills, preferably in higher education recruiting adult students
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to develop and maintain effective and productive relationships
- Must be able to work independently
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of higher education
- Knowledge of recruiting and marketing practices
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Skilled in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Skilled in understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Skilled in speaking effectively to others to convey information
- Skilled in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Skilled in complex problem solving including reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Skilled in adjusting actions in relation to others' actions
- Skilled in working with Microsoft Office Suite such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Skilled in working with student informaiton systems such as Colleague and SafesForce.
- Ability to work in a team environment, plan and organize work, prioritize work and manage time
- A proven ability to effectively interface with all levels of managemnet
- Ability to develop relationships across multiple business units
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's Degree from a regionally accredited college or University
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Job ID 2017-1629
Job Locations US-GA-Duluth