Professional Research Asst
The Integrative Physiology of Aging Lab (Lab webpage) is looking for a full-time (part-time maybe considered) professional research assistant with cell culture experience to help us elucidate important physiological changes that occur with aging to complement our clinical and preclinical studies.
1. Bachelor's degree (MS or PhD preferred) in a biologic science and at least 1 year of cell culture experience in a research laboratory
2. Ability to prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under strict time constraints
3. Effective written and oral communication skills
4. Ability to work well in a team environment
• Take lead on cell culture experiments
• Help develop new molecular-based assays
• Help principal investigators with general wetlab needs
• Assist with human and/or mouse experiments as needed
• Primary & secondary cell culture
• Tissue harvest and sample preparation
• Western blotting
• ELISAs and activity assays
• Blood processing
**At least 1 year of cell culture experience required; experience in all other techniques preferred
• Ability to interpret data from cell culture, ELISAs and western blotting, etc. and make informed decisions for next steps with input
• Order necessary supplies and keep laboratory stocked
• Work with masters and undergraduate students to train them on wet lab techniques and/or oversee projects
Special Instructions to Applicants:The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and an EPLS (Excluded Parties List System) check. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
The University of Colorado is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Inquiries may be directed to the Boulder Campus Title IX Coordinator by calling 303-492-2127. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Reference Letters (Not Confidential), Unofficial transcript(s), Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Cover Letter; 2 - Curriculum Vitae; 3 - The document uploaded for Proof of Degree can be a Transcript which shows the date the degree was conferred; Copy of Diploma; or official letter from the Registrar or the Dean of the School or College conferring the degree; and 4 - Letter of Recommendation This position is eligible for medical, dental and life insurance, retirement benefits programs, and is eligible for monthly vacation and sick leave accruals.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10175 - Integrative Physiology
Posting Date: Sep 22, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Brandon Geer
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00739552