The University of Colorado Boulder BioFrontiers Institute is accepting applications for a Development Assistant. This position provides administrative support for the advancement efforts of the BioFrontiers Institute.
Who we are:
At the University of Colorado BioFrontiers Institute, researchers from the life sciences, physical sciences, computer science and engineering are working together to uncover new knowledge at the frontiers of science and partnering with industry to transform their discoveries into new tools.
The Development Assistant provides support that includes a wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to scheduling appointments, monthly reconciliation of travel expenses, processing gifts, assisting with gift fund agreements, generating monthly gift reports, running prospect and donor reports from the database, and assisting in preparation of written materials.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Schedule meetings, maintain the calendar, and make travel arrangements with detailed itineraries for the Assistant Dean to ensure efficient time management.
- Initiate and coordinate expense reimbursements monthly for BioFrontiers Advancement team.
- Enter data relevant to donor contacts and activities, sending donor updates to the Processing Department as needed.
- Work with the CU Foundation, assist in establishing new gift funds, routing fund agreements, to ensure required approval signatures are obtained in a timely manner.
- Complete new gift account forms, routing and follow-up on forms and provide complete information to Accounting and Processing Departments.
- Process donor checks and gifts within 24 hours, complete routing and tracking forms, generate appropriate acknowledgements.
- Research and resolve issues or discrepancies regarding donations, fund transfers, and new gift funds. Follow up to confirm changes have been made.
- Prepare and distribute monthly gift reports.
- Assist development staff in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors and prospective donors through utilization of databases.
- Utilize data from central database to create requested reports, spreadsheets and correspondence on a routine basis. Generate and refine downloads for reports and mailing labels as requested by development staff.
- Act as liaison with University Administrators, faculty and staff regarding Advancement questions, research information, reports and operations.
- Provide administrative support functions such as directing phone calls, sorting and distributing mail, establishing and maintaining files, document management, preparing correspondence, maintaining office equipment, resolving hardware and software issues with System Advancement IT team, ordering office supplies and maintaining adequate inventory levels, etc.
- May assist in the preparation and monitoring of budgets, foundation proposals and reports, event support and other duties as assigned.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position is in the mid-$40,000s.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be dynamic. Be effective. Be inspired. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 2 years administrative experience.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
What you will need:
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures and protocol.
- Ability to provide professional customer service in all internal and external interactions.
- Adept with managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, setting priorities in a fast-paced and continually changing environment.
- Proven data entry skills with ability to input information accurately; prepare and maintain detailed records, files, and reports on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to coordinate technical presentations, including hardware set-up.
- Solid knowledge of database management with the ability to run queries, generate reports, and utilize the data.
- Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail in financial matters.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality of data and collaboration with all levels of staff members, faculty, alumni and donors.
What we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Non-profit, events and development/fundraising experience preferred.
- Database experience, with programs such as Advance and Access.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by October 5, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-11163.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Development
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11007 - UCB Development Administration
Posting Date: Sep 22, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 5, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00739332