Title IX Coordinator
The Title IX Coordinator reports to the President of the College and has primary responsibility for oversight of the College’s Title IX efforts including, but not limited to:
- Coordination of the College’s effort to comply with statutory and regulatory requirements as it relates to Title IX laws and regulations
- Oversight of college-wide education, training and outreach programming related to Title IX
- Coordinating and executing in a timely manner the College’s response and investigation of complaints pursuant to Title IX including sexual harassment and sexual misconduct.
- Monitoring and oversight of implementation of Title IX compliance.
The Title IX Coordinator will assist Occidental College in achieving its goals of providing an open, diverse and inclusive learning and working environment by monitoring the College’s compliance with Title IX regulations and requirements.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned.
1.Play a lead role in the oversight and coordination of Title IX compliance.
2.Conduct training and education related to Title IX and the Sexual Misconduct for the College Community.
3.Monitor compliance with all applicable College policies, including the Sexual Misconduct Policy.
4.Develop and implement programming and outreach efforts for students, faculty and staff.
5.Oversee the Sexual Misconduct Policy investigations to ensure prompt, thorough, objective and confidential investigations of complaints of harassment, including sexual misconduct and discrimination.
6.Respond to inquiries from students, faculty, staff and administrators regarding the policy and rights and responsibilities under the policy.
7.Supervise Deputy Title IX Coordinators to ensure informed and consistent communication in policy implementation.
8.Work in collaboration with campus partners and committees involved in Title IX compliance, including Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, Athletics, Public Safety, College Counsel, Human Resources, and Grievance Committees.
9.Work with community partners who provide support to students on Title IX concerns.
10.Supervise the Clery Act Administrator.
11.Stay abreast of regulations and statutes and changes, and inform the College of implementation requirements.
- Juris doctorate from an accredited law school is strongly preferred or an advanced degree in a discipline/field directly related to the major responsibilities of the position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to interpret federal and state equal opportunity and non-discrimination laws and regulations, including Title IX, sexual harassment and other applicable laws and regulations is required. Experience in complaint resolution, investigations and grievances. Higher education experience is preferred.
- The successful candidate must have strong organization, planning, analytical and problem resolution abilities; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to understand the needs of the College and to work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, administrators and community partners.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin on October 6, 2017.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordin
Apply for Title IX Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly