Biological Scientist II - Biology of Aging
This position will work on assigned Biology of Aging and Pepper Center research projects under the oversight of the Biology of Aging Division Chief and Division Manager.
- Perform standard and advanced methods in biochemistry for the study of the mechanisms of aging, mitochondrial oxidative stress, and apoptosis in animal and human studies, including:
- DNA/Protein isolation
- Western Analysis
- Quantitative-Real Time PCR
- ELISA and Multiplex Immunoassay
- High Resolution Respirometry techniques
- Develop new methodologies for the study of the mechanisms of aging, mitochondrial oxidative stress, and apoptosis in animal and human studies.
- Supervise laboratory technicians (OPS/TEAMS) and students.
- Assist in the training of students and other research personnel.
- Preparation of reports and manuscripts and the communication on the progress of projects with investigators.
- Assist with daily operations and maintenance of the instruments. Additional duties may be assigned based on the needs of the Metabolism and Translational Science Core of the Pepper Center and Institute on Aging including analysis of clinical samples consisting of blood, urine and muscle biopsies.
- Other duties as assigned, incidental to the work described herein.
Doctoral degree in biology or a closely related field; or a master's degree in biology or a closely related field and one year of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in biology or a closely related field and three years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
MS in biochemistry, molecular biology or a related field and at least one year of relevant experience. Experience in the mechanisms of aging, mitochondrial oxidative stress, and apoptosis in animal and human studies.
Ability to work well with the team.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please provide your CV as part of your application for this position.
This is a time-limited position.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants do not need to reapply.Health Assessment Required: Yes