Biological Scientist II
Biological Scientist IIJob Description:
- Executes experimental studies in support of lab goals and grant commitments. Duties encompass management of animal studies, advanced cell biology and primary culture studies as well as basic lab management skills. Should be able to align with lab goals, grant commitments and follow-through with the PI as well as work towards collaborative projects between laboratories.
- Assists in planning, design, modification, and execution of experimental studies in support of investigational systems including primary neuronal and microglia cultures and RNAseq analyses, cell biology techniques, advanced understanding of molecular biology techniques and basic animal handling skills.
- Maintains lab equipment and supplies.
- Performs basic statistical data analysis; prepares tables/charts/graphs and assists in organizing data.
- Prepares first draft of manuscripts and provides sections of grants to PI. Trains students, technicians, and fellows in the laboratory.
$38,000 - $52,000Minimum Requirements:
Doctoral degree in biology or a closely related field; or a master's degree in biology or a closely related field and one year of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in biology or a closely related field and three years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Extensive experience in running a laboratory, primary culture, immunohistochemistry, standard molecular biology and protein biochemistry.
Experience with adeno-associated virus production, vector engineering, antibody engineering, and mouse model studies desired.
Strong background in molecular and cellular biology required.
Evidence for significant contribution to published manuscripts and funded grants desired.
In order to be considered, you must upload your full CV/resume and list of references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: Yes