Transfer Admission Counselor
Lewis University seeks candidates for a Transfer Admission Counselor to be responsible for assisting in the overall recruitment of undergraduate transfer students. This includes actively representing the University to prospective students, reviewing applications for undergraduate admission, providing academic advising for the purpose of recruitment, and assisting in the orientation and registration of these students. This position has specific focus on increasing the number of new transfer students to be recruited and retained by the University.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is a vigorous and growing institution located 25 miles SW of Chicago. Lewis University provides students a liberal arts-based and career-focused education, engaging students in the exploration and creation of academic, professional and personal opportunities in a supportive community. As a Catholic university in the Lasallian tradition, our approach is values-based and ethically-focused. For additional information see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
- Implement prospect management strategies to target and recruit transfer students utilizing available department technology (CRM & ERP).
- Develop an understanding of the admission requirements for all undergraduate transfer programs, with a particular focus and specialty in a given set of academic programs.
- Perform counseling and advising services to transfer students interested in pursuing their education at Lewis University.
- Perform evaluations of transfer credits for prospective students to determine admission eligibility and make admission decision recommendations.
- Develop and appropriately maintain files and records for prospective students.
- Maintain consistent communication with prospective students, community college transfer counselors, departmental chairpersons and faculty members.
- Schedule regular appointments with assigned community colleges to meet with counselors and interested students, conduct information/recruitment sessions and respond to potential student inquiries.
- Work with the Dean of Graduate Admission to develop and maintain relationships with community transfer counselors and faculty.
- Participate in Office of Admissions recruitment events, including Campus Visit Days, Transfer Information Sessions, and community college visits and fairs as assigned. Other events could include virtual recruitment sessions, professional networking events or trade shows.
Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred. Minimum of two years related experience servicing traditional college-aged and adult student populations. Required specific job skills include computer literacy (i.e. word processing, database and spreadsheet utilization), excellent oral and written communication skills, and possession of a reliable means of transportation with the state's required driver's license and mandatory insurance coverage. Master's degree preferred. Previous recruitment experience preferred.
How to Apply:
For a full description and to be considered for this position visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2632
Inspired by the University's Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.