Video and Multimedia Producer
The video and multimedia producer will create compelling video and multimedia content for www.whitman.edu and other digital and social media channels. Requiring both creative and technical expertise, the producer creates multimedia content that tells the Whitman College story in compelling ways that capture the viewer’s attention in support of Whitman’s strategic goals, with an emphasis on the prospective student audience.
- Plan and produce videos for the web and social media including concept development, storyboarding and scripting, logistical coordination, technical production of video and audio, shooting, interviewing, and editing. The producer will be expected to create an average of one or more videos every two weeks.
- As part of the communications team, advocate for smart use of video as a storytelling vehicle and collaborate with other content creators on multimedia storytelling.
- Serve as an internal consultant and collaborative partner for communications staff, supporting their efforts to include video and multimedia in their work.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends in video and multimedia for the web and social media.
- Distribute video through the college’s website and social media channels in partnership with the content team and social media specialist.
- Using appropriate analytical tools, measure the effectiveness of the college’s video and multimedia to inform future work.
- Hire and manage student and freelance photographers and oversee photo shoots and event photography. Oversee the accuracy and completeness of photo captions and credits.
- With support from the department assistant, manage digital assets including the photo library and video footage, and facilitate access to digital assets.
- Maintain communications office videography and photography equipment and recommend necessary equipment and software as needs (and technology) change.
- As needed, serve as the college’s staff photographer.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Individuals must be able to explain and/or demonstrate that they possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Strong video and still photography skills.
- Fluent digital editing skills, with expertise in video storytelling as well as with software platforms related to digital editing and retouching (e.g., Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Lightroom).
- Understanding of digital video formats for upload to YouTube and other digital channels, as well as with gathering and interpreting video analytics.
Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple concurrent projects on time, on brand and on budget. Experience in the artistic and technical aspects of video production and photography. Ability to work well with others.
This is a position for an experienced professional, with three or more years of experience producing video and a bachelor’s degree in film, art, communications or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Applicants will be asked to provide a portfolio of work that demonstrates both technical and storytelling skills.