STEM TUTOR (Part-Time, less than 20hours/wk, flexible hours, grant funded)
Tutors will be hired to tutor in a specific subject area, or group of subject areas, based on the needs of the College and expertise of the tutor. This tutoring position is specifically STEM focused to meet the requirements of an HSI STEM partnership grant with National Louis university and requires the candidate to have an academic background in a relevant field.
The Tutor will: tutor students; maintain records; advise faculty of students’ progress; promote the Individual Learning Center (ILC); develop instructional materials; evaluate instructional software and instruct students in its use; assist with the evaluation of services and programs within the ILC; schedule tutoring appointments; and perform other job-related duties as assigned. Duties and responsibilities may be modified as the needs of the College change.
- Provide one-to-one and/or group tutoring in subject matter to be tutored to students in the ILC
- Document and advise faculty regarding student’s progress in tutoring
- Instruct students in the use of computers, software and other learning resources in the ILC
- Evaluate instructional materials and software in the ILC
- Schedule tutoring appointments in the ILC
- Perform other duties as assigned