Assistant Professor of Health Science
The Assistant Professor of Health Sciences assumes responsibility for classroom and clinical instruction as well as teaching, advising, scholarly, and service requirements within the BS in Health Sciences program. Pending budget approval, this is a 10-month academic year position with tenure-track appointment.
Applicants should exhibit expertise in clinical practice, research and education, and have the ability and desire to teach a range of courses leading to the B.S. degree in Health Sciences with concentrations in Exercise Science and Health Promotions. Potential courses to teach may include but are not limited to: Medical Terminology, US Healthcare System, Health Communications, Healthcare Law and Biomedical Ethics, Health Assessment & Evaluation, Survey of Environmental Health, Culture and Health, Health Promotion Theory and Methods, Concepts of Health and Disease, Nutrition, Consumer Health and Promotion, Health Promotion Curriculum and Education.
Additional duties include:
· Use student-centered teaching/learning strategies.
· Supervise health science students in the clinical setting.
· Hold regular office hours.
· Participate in advising students.
· Participate in Service-Learning activities.
· Participate in assessment and scholarship activities.
· Serve on college and school committees.
Minimum Qualifications and Training
· Earned Doctorate degree in Health Sciences or related discipline (ABD considered).
· Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) .
· Applicants should exhibit expertise in clinical practice, research and education, and have the ability and to teach in a BS in Health Sciences program.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, and be able to interact effectively with diverse groups of students.
Preferred Qualifications and Training
· Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES).
· Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching, student-centered learning/teaching methods, and assessment.
· Ability to integrate appropriate technology and software in teaching
Apply for Assistant Professor of Health Science
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly