Assistant Dean of the College
Assistant Dean of the College
Office of the Dean of the College
Williams College seeks a highly-motivated, student-centered individual to work as an Assistant Dean for the Office of the Dean of the College. This position is designed to meet the Office’s priority of expanding services to underrepresented students. The Assistant Dean position is intended to promote workforce diversity by encouraging candidates from underrepresented groups and/or those with a demonstrated interest in diversity, social justice, and multiculturalism to pursue careers in student affairs.
This is a full-time, year-round appointment, reporting to the Senior Associate Dean.
The Office of the Dean of the College is dedicated to supporting students to thrive. We value collegiality, collaboration, and working one-on-one with students and faculty. We believe in meeting students where they are in their development and helping them cultivate skills that will help them both within and outside the classroom.
The successful candidate should:
- Share our passion for student support
- Enjoy meeting new people, making connections, and promoting the value of our office
- Embrace our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Thrive in a small, relationship-driven academic environment
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Advise/support students experiencing academic difficulty, including students on academic probation
- Work with faculty to support students
- Build and maintain relationships with campus partners to engage with students from underrepresented groups
- Act as primary liaison to the Davis Center (Multicultural Center) and Health and Wellness Center
- Develop and participate in various collaborative outreach activities, examples of which include organizing educational events, consulting student groups, and co-sponsoring events with other departments
- Assist in hearing conduct cases
- Participate in monthly on-call rotation
- Some evening and weekend responsibilities are required
- Masters Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of two years professional student affairs experience
- Experience with assessment
- General knowledge of supporting students in their academic, social, and personal success
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented organization
Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. Job Group 2-E.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Williams College is a liberal arts institution located in western Massachusetts, with access to the culturally rich cities of Albany, Boston, and New York City. The college has built its reputation on outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its students. Williams is committed to building and supporting a diverse population of approximately 2,000 students, and to fostering an inclusive faculty, staff and curriculum. Please visit the Williams College website (http://www.williams.edu).
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.