Editor and Senior Writer
The University of Mary Hardin Baylor seeks an Editor and Senior Writer.
Serves as editor and senior writer for the UMHB Life magazine and Philanthropy newsletter, writing feature articles and news stories and coordinating layout and production. Assists with special events and the preparation of invitations, programs, brochures, and other university publications. Coordinates publications schedule and assigned publications budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or related field is required.
- A minimum of 3 years full time employment experience in (a) non-fiction writing/reporting for a professional publication, (b) editing/publishing or (c) a closely related field is required.
- Mastery of grammar & punctuation is required.
- Strong non-fiction writing skill is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and related software.
- Experience in publication layout and design is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs (including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) is strongly preferred.
- Experience using web editing programs such as WordPress is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in digital SLR photography is strongly preferred.
For more details and to apply, visit www.hr.umhb.edu/careers.