Coordinator of Disability Resources
Disability Resources Coordinator is responsible for supervising personnel in the Disability Resources office and ensuring appropriate record keeping and assessment practices are followed. This includes maintaining contracts and the inventory of assistive technologies on campus.
Additionally, this position coordinates the faculty and staff accommodations when requested and maintains the training on the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) for new Faculty and Staff.
Position works with Physical Plant to plan and implement modifications of facilities to ensure ADA compliance and handles requests from the public for disability accommodations.
This position also supervises the testing center operations and staff. It is important to be familiar with testing processes (Pearson Vue, Prometrics, ETS, etc.), credentials, software and hardware.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6 years of relevant experience
- 1-2 years of experience supervising and evaluating personnel.
- Knowledge of section 504 and ADA requirements
- Communicate effectively and think critically
- Ability to multitask and coordinate long term projects
- Master’s Degree
- 1 years in disability services administration with supervision
- 2-3 years of experience with student from diverse backgrounds
- Grant writing
- Knowledge of the Office of Civil Rights and Department of Justice
- Data collection for decision making processes