Aggregate Plant Superintendent
Objective and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of this position is to supervise the day-to-day operations of the aggregate and asphalt plant. This individual will ensure that production quotas are met, within budget, and that the crushing plant and equipment are scheduled and operated properly. Proper operation includes: Monitoring and enforcing proper safety practices, maintaining product quality, operating within permitted environmental parameters, scheduling hours and coordinating maintenance tasks to ensure safety, quality and compliance with all appropriate governmental regulations. Also, implementing sound business practices in the coordination of people, safety, equipment, inventories, materials, supplies and maintenance.
Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the crusher plant and oversees all aspects of the crushing plant operations.
2. Responsible for analyzing crushing plant environment and work procedures to create a safe and clean work environment.
3. Responsible for maintaining all documentation and reporting for the crushing plant.
4. Responsible to collect, check, analyze/discuss and/or forward necessary labor and operating data for all required reports such as time cards, daily/weekly operating reports, production reports, quarterly reports and monthly variance reports.
5. Conducts and documents weekly tailgate safety meetings for all crushing plant personnel. Works with Safety Manager to evaluate safety and training programs and conditions in the crushing plant to ensure compliance with Company, OSHA/MSHA guidelines and regulations.
6. Responsible for supervising, scheduling, and monitoring time worked, of all crushing plant personnel, for weekly operations, ensuring productivity, efficient use of materials and equipment, including troubleshooting of production operations.
7. Provides leadership and supervision for all subordinates.
8. Establishes realistic personal goals, as well as team goals, to achieve optimal productivity. Demonstrates strong team work/team building skills.
9. Establishes maintenance and repair schedules while achieving production goals within budget costs.
10. Execute plans and achieve production goals at the lowest possible costs consistent with quality and safety requirements.
11. Responsible for ordering/purchasing and maintaining proper stock inventories (raw materials, machinery/vehicle parts, etc.) and overhead expenses of the aggregate plant.
12. Responsible for advising the Aggregate Manager of all problems or potential problems that affect the proper operation of the aggregate plant.
13. Work closely with Human Resources Manager and Aggregate Manager to handle any discipline and/or grievances.
14. Work varying schedules including nights and weekends with little to no notice.
5 years experience as Aggregate Superintendent or similar
7-10 years experience in the Sand and gravel/aggregate industry
Experience with state environmental protection permitting processes
Knowledge of material testing and specifications
Must adequately understand the Safety and environmental issues as related to plant operations.
Current Drivers License
A&K Earth Movers, Inc. has been in business since 1957 as a General Engineering Contractor and Subcontractor in Northern Nevada and the western United States.
We specialize in general engineering construction projects which include excavation, underground utilities, site work, subdivisions, paving, pump stations, structural concrete, mining leach pads, gravel, sand and asphalt production.
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:32:48 PDT