Admissions Service Representative
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for answering calls and providing admissions and other information to students, potential students, and members of the general public.
• Answers incoming telephone calls; greets and assists callers in a prompt and courteous manner; answers questions and provides general information.
• Provides admissions information to students, potential students and parents.
• Relays critical information to admissions staff.
• Investigates and resolves student complaints.
• Responds to student email inquiries.
• Directs calls to appropriate departments or personnel as needed; returns calls and takes messages.
• Helps with prospective student recruiting events on campus.
• Scans and indexes admissions materials.
• Assists with mail duties, including but not limited to, preparing mailings, checking and distributing mail.
• Performs related duties and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of admission and registration requirements.
• Knowledge of multi-line phone system operation.
• Knowledge of the college organizational structure.
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one year.