Computers/Software | Pensacola, Fl
Title: Database Engineer
Location: Pensacola, FL
Emp Status: Regular / Full-time
Solutions3, LLC, based out of Mahwah, NJ is seeking a junior to mid-level Database Engineer to support a contract in Pensacola, FL. In this role, the qualified candidate will provide technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis. You will develop relational and/or Object-Oriented databases, database parser software, and database loading software. You will be responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls. You will work primarily at the front end of the lifecycle-requirements through system acceptance testing and Initial Operational Capability (IOC). You will develop requirements from a project's inception to its conclusion for a particular business and Information Technology (IT) subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems). You will assist with recommendations for, and analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts. You will translate a set of requirements and data into a usable document by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts, and macros; updating existing queries, creating new ones to manipulate data into a master file; and building complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval while using Cloud methodologies.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Zero (0) to Six (6) or more years of configuration management experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field. Four (4) years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
• Master's degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience. Four (4) years of experience (for a total of six (6) or more years) may be substituted for a degree.
• Ph.D. may substitute for four (4) years of experience. Eight (8) years of experience (for a total of fourteen (14) or more years) may be substituted for a degree.
• DODI 8570.1 Compliance at IAT Level I certification.
• Apache Hadoop, PostgresSQL, MYSQL, VMware, Oracle DBMS knowledge or SQL Server and its tools including the facets of successfully administering a wide range of simple to highly complex environments.
• Experience with data and schema design and engineering
• Demonstrated practical experience with data migration from legacy systems to central repositories
• Industry standard exchange schema implementation experience (E.g. Cybox or Capec)
• Be able to evaluate and install new software releases, patches and system upgrades.
• Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database tuning: software configuration, memory usage, data access, data manipulation, SQL, and physical storage.
• Experience supporting technology strategy / roadmap.
• Experience with development and execution of database security policies, procedures and auditing-experience with database authentication methods, authorization methods, and data encryption techniques.
• Supervises development of databases, database parser software, and database loading software.
• Coordinates development of database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development.
• Assesses requirement recommendations from a project's inception to its conclusion for a particular Business and IT subject matter area (i.e. simple to complex systems)
• Leads development of databases, database parser software, database loading software and database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development.
• Develops requirement recommendations from a project's inception to its conclusion for a particular Business and IT subject matter area (i.e. simple to complex systems).
• Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must work well in a team environment as well as independently.
• Must exhibit good time management skills, independent decision making capability; focus on customer service.
• Ability to work with the other technical members of the team to administer and support the overall database and applications environment.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
• The following certifications are desired: Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP): Data Scientist, CCDH: Cloudera Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop, CCAH: Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop, CCSHB: Cloudera Certified Specialist in Apache HBase & CSSLP Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
• Understanding of Certification and Accreditation (NIST 800-53) processes as they apply to database technologies
• Experience with Map/Reduce technologies
• Experience with process development and deployment
• Trained in Six Sigma Methodology
• ITIL knowledge and certification
• Experience database engineering support to DHS, DoD or Intelligence Customers
• Data Scientist skills and experience
• Operating system and hardware platform knowledge preferred.
• Experience working with large unstructured data sets
• U.S. Citizenship
• Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance.
Solutions3 LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:36:20 PDT