Production Shift Manager
The Production Shift Manager manages and coordinates activities of manufacturing departments (mixing department, production department and packing department) in processing materials or products in an industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications in conjunction with the production planner.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develops, revises or helps create standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance against the standards.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves any and all production data.
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develops cost controls by overseeing the efficiency of manufacturing.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operating problems and improve product quality.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Consults with maintenance personnel and the Manufacturing Manager to review any modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Conducts meetings to address and resolve employee issues and as necessary confers with Manufacturing Manager and Human Resources for assistance.
- Lead, mentor and manage others to generate expected results.
- Management of resources to optimize - equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials
- Reviews safety issues with all production departments.
- Interfaces with Quality Control to maintain product quality standards.
- Works with the Manufacturing Manager and Human Resources to develop training and orientation of supervisors and employees.
- Foster and environment to create positive, proactive communications and problem solving opportunities amongst supervisors and production personnel.
- Recommend the selection and deployment of direct subordinates.
- Reviews and interprets established production KPI's (Key performance indicators) with the Manufacturing Manager and establishes target areas and corrective actions as necessary to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Attends company scheduled meetings when applicable (i.e., safety meetings, production meetings, department meetings.).
New Brunswick, NJ
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:12:39 PDT