National Louis is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility. We are a student focused community that is committed to continuous improvement and asks how do we become more “student ready” so that we may better serve our students. We believe that through education we are able to empower change and build healthy communities. Our community works hard in the service of students and supports one another like a family.
At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
NLU's Instructional Designer will assist in the seamless creation of online and blended courses with associated media in fulfillment of the University’s mission, vision and strategic plan. The Instructional Designer will provide training and support to faculty, staff and administration in the design and delivery of courses and course components. Designs high-quality courses and materials that maximize student engagement, learning, and satisfaction.
• Innovative online instruction and learning materials will have been designed and developed by utilizing sound teaching and learning theories and appropriate instructional technologies
• Created Aligned and engaged assessment-based content through collaboration with internal and external subject matter experts
• Developed presentations, activities and assessments based on Subject Matter Expert’s recommendations and input, utilizing multimedia and authoring tools (such as Captivate, DreamWeaver, or Articulate)
• Built final courses in the university’s LMS by uploading the created content into Desire2Learn
• Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or related field
• Minimum of three years of experience developing for-credit, college level online courses using a learning management system (LMS) in a complex, multipurpose institution. A strong grasp of assessment strategies used to guide and evidence student learning is also needed
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Thorough knowledge on instructional design principles
• Experience with needs analysis, curriculum and instruction, course development, and evaluation
• Solid project management skills with an attention to detail
• Must be willing to travel to other campuses in the Chicago area as needed