Child Care Assistant I - Substitute (P/T Casual), CP1N12383ECEC
Cooperate with the Childcare Center Teachers to plan and implement a model program consistent with the principles and practices taught in the Early Childhood Education and Care Program. Communicate formally and informally with parents.
Position Title: Child Care Assistant I - Substitute (P/T Casual), CP1N12383ECEC
Duties of Position:
- In relation to the Early Childhood Education and Care Program: act as a model for college students, visitors and observers; assist in the Early Childhood Center as needed; participate in daily meetings as available with members of the classroom teaching team for the purpose of review and planning.
- In relation to children enrolled in the Early Childhood Center: assist in providing a model program for children consistent with principles and practices taught in the Early Childhood Education and Care Program classes; assist in the implementation of a program consistent with Department of Children and Family Services and the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs guidelines; provide safe and supervised environment for each child in the classroom; use positive guidance techniques as described in the Early Childhood Education and Care Program classes; assist in the planning and implementation of developmentally appropriate experiences for children based upon individual and group needs.
- In relation to Program Planning: be familiar with Department of Children and Family Services standards, and the National Academy of Early Childhood Program guidelines for child care facilities; know Center policies and procedures for children and staff; assist in the preparation of on-going curriculum plans according to guidelines for both indoor and outdoor experiences; with the cooperation of the Lead Teacher and other staff, implement a model program curriculum; and assist in the keeping of daily attendance records.
- In relation to Parents: maintain informal contact with parents; participate in Center-Family events; in cooperation with the Lead Teacher complete other communications as needed (phone calls, notes to parents); and in cooperation with the Lead Teacher distribute notes, newsletters, etc. to parents.
- In relation to Environment: in cooperation with the Lead Teacher, maintain equipment and facilities in a safe, tidy and clean manner and report needs to Center Manager; assist in the care of plants and animals; and complete Early Childhood Center Environmental Support responsibilities as assigned.
- In relation to Professional Standards: maintain the confidentiality of children, families and staff; keep current with professional issues and research; comply with policies in the Classified Employee Guidebook; and comply with the policies and standards stated in the Early Childhood Center Staff Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
One (1) year experience in a Child Care Center.
Associates Degree in Child Development/Early Childhood Education and must meet all DCFS licensing regulations.
Two to three (2-3) years' experience in a Child Care Center.
Bachelor's Degree in Child Development/Early Childhood Education
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Early Childhood Center equipment and appliances both indoors and on the playground. Computer, copy machine and digital camera.
May include off-campus locations, variable hours. Position requirements include: daily participation in the Early Childhood Center both indoors and outdoors. Position requires the ability to move quickly, sit on the floor with children and lift children and equipment.
Department: Early Childhood Center - ECC
Position Type: Temporary Casual - TC
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt