Electrician Journeyman - $28/Hr
* Team focused and self-starter.
* Works well under pressure.
* Responsible to the Maintenance Supervisor for the safe and efficient performance of all assigned duties.
* Organizes and coordinates work prior to performing job.
* Abides by all Sonoco Hutchinson's Safety rules and regulations.
* Participates in Sonoco Performance System and Maintenance Excellence events.
* Be the primary trainer of the Hutchinson Mill's electrician training program, which is designed to train electricians to become Journeyman.
* Works closely with Leadmen to ensure job completion is maximized while focusing on reducing electrical breakdowns
* Becomes involved in implementing Predictive Maintenance strategies.
* Assists in the development of Preventive Maintenance procedures and checks.
* Required to maintain a good attendance record.
* Responsible for insuring all equipment and work areas are clean, neat, orderly and free of possible safety
hazards at all times.
* Actively participates in the plant safety program
* Be available to work overtime, including emergency call-ins, weekends, and holidays.
THE ABOVE DESCRIPTION ONLY INCLUDES THE PRINCIPLE FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES WHICH ARE CONSIDERED MATERIAL TO THE PROPER IDENTIFICATION AND CLASSIFICATION OF THE JOB AND IS NOT A LIMITATION OF OR RESTRICTION UPON DUTIES OR WORK REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE INHERENT IN THE JOB. THE INFORMATION LISTED IS NOT TO BE INTERPRETED TO INCLUDE ALL OF THE DETAILS REQUIRED IN PERFORMANCE OF THE JOB.
Education: High School diploma/GED. Journeyman's License Required
SPECIAL Education: Kansas Licensed Journeyman, Prescribed company approved training courses, Safety training, LOTO
Work Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of industrial electrical systems and able to install troubleshoot, and maintain the following: AC/DC drives, PLCs, motors ranging from 3HP-1000 HP, instrumentation, air actuated valves power distribution systems, switchgears 600V-13.2KV, transformers, lighting systems, air compressor systems, conduit and wiring
Mathematics: Arithmetic, decimals and fractions. Electrical calculation formulas
Experience: Industrial Electrical Journeyman (5 years).
Working conditions include; high noise levels, high heat and humidity, cold during the winter, dusty atmosphere, sitting, walking, lifting/carrying maximum of 50lbs, climbing, pulling, pushing.
Founded in 1899 on the belief that People Build Businesses, Sonoco is a global provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging, and displays and packaging supply chain services. With annualized combined sales of approximately $5.4 billion, the Company has more than 21,000 employees working in more than 340 operations in 34 countries, serving some of the world best known brands in some 85 nations. Sonoco values its people and is committed to giving them every opportunity to use their talent and skills to grow themselves, their careers and our Company. We offer world-class benefits, (including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Paid Holidays, Matching 401K) value people and teamwork, celebrate challenges, reward success, are committed to employee satisfaction and work/life balance, and are recognized worldwide for our commitment to growing future leaders.
Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Sonoco Products Company. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that may or may not exist. Please be advised that Sonoco will never ask for payment to progress a job application. Prior to responding to any suspicious email or website posting, please confirm the validity of the opportunity at http://careers.sonoco.com. If you feel you have received a fraudulent Sonoco solicitation, please report the suspicious recruiting activity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 15:03:16 PDT