Commercial Roofing Superintendent
The Production / Project Superintendent manages paperwork/logistics, Crew Chiefs and assist with field operations for commercial roofing projects. The PM/Superintendent has the responsibility to manage the field operations of each assigned project from start to finish and that they are completed on schedule, meet budget both with labor and materials, as well as taking responsibility for enforcement of safety policies. The Superintendent works with the Crew Chiefs and Project Coordinator to schedule material loading and deliveries and timely administration of each assigned project. The Superintendent will be in constant contact with the Production Dept. players to ensure that the jobs run on schedule and on/under budget, and all information, material and equipment needed by the Foremen are provided in a timely manner. The Production PM/Superintendent must provide leadership skills and workforce management, as well as development and training of the workforce to ensure company policies are followed and projects are completed efficiently and as per specifications.
- Five (5) years satisfactory work record as a Project Manager/Superintendent with a similar size-roofing contractor. At least, Five (5) years of experience with commercial roofing projects.
- Understanding roofing practices, techniques, codes and regulations for South Florida.
- Valid Florida State Driver's License
- Understanding and managing of scheduling, record keeping, and have the ability to deal effectively with people.
- Understanding of material inventory control and labor budget management.
- Must be able to prioritize work-load to ensure that the most important tasks are completed first.
- Must be able to hire, train and fire field workers as needed to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Must be able to understand and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints and construction specifications.
10. Must be able to perform roof inspections, take offs including the creation of a roof plan drawing with details and measurements.
11. Must have basic computer skills, including the use of emails via smart phone/tablet.
12. Must be able to meet and communicate effectively with Engineers, Consultants, Building Officials and Clients on job site visits and other meetings.
13. Must be able to make quick and rational decisions which will maximize efficiency and reduce liability.
14. Must be able to manage job site crisis and unforeseen issues.
15. Drug Free Workplace
HELPFUL BUT NOT REQUIRED
16. Ten (10) years satisfactory work record as a Superintendent with a similar size-roofing contractor.
17. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Package
18. Knowledge and experience with Project Management
19. Bilingual (Spanish)
20. Formal Safety Training
21. OSHA Safety Certifications
Competitive Salary plus benefits
Health Insurance including Dental and Vision
Company profit sharing.
Our philosophy is Integrity First. It is the principle that governs everything we do. We build relationships based on trust, while keeping our high moral and ethical standards as the foundation. PSI Roofing is committed to delivering the right roof for your specific need. Our customer service has developed numerous long term clients for the past 25 years. Our approach is to offer cost effective and timely solutions to all our customers' roofing issues, while placing an emphasis on quality. By utilizing the best materials in the industry with our highly trained workforce, PSI Roofing is able to offer a final product that ensures customer satisfaction for every project we take on.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 06:56:22 PDT