Assistant Director for Communications - Illinois International Programs (A1700587)
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
Illinois International Programs
Assistant Director for Communications
12 months, 100%
Responsible for strategizing, planning and executing comprehensive and cross-cutting communications strategies for Illinois International Programs (IIP), campus-wide internationally related events, and the effective distribution of targeted information to relevant audiences both on and off campus.
- Create a communications and marketing plan to promote international opportunities and achievements at the University of Illinois and Urbana-Champaign.
- Communicate regularly with faculty, staff and students in regard to international matters
- Write speeches and prepare presentations for IIP leadership staff.
- Project manager for all projects related to the marketing/communications of IIP, including developing and managing budgets related to communications strategies.
- Develop messaging strategies to support IIP objectives and goals, to include developing speeches and written products (press releases, news advisories, public service announcements)
- Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all marketing strategies and communications related to IIP and its units
- Design and implement communication strategies that establish IIP as the primary source for international content including but not limited to: e-marketing, print marketing, social media, public relations and other communications with internal and external constituents.
- Work with academic units and other key units across the campus to collect campus-wide internationally relevant information and disseminate it as appropriate
- Review existing online presence and develop strategies to implement web communications and social media platforms for IIP
- Will work closely with IIP leadership and its units as well as with the campus Communications Office to ensure adherence to all university standards.
- Manage and coordinate the International Achievement Awards Banquet and other high-profile campus-level events for international alumni and visitors.
- Oversee the calendar of senior leadership and various administrators international travel
- Supervisory duties including hiring, delegating, training, and evaluating staff.
This position reports to the Executive Director for Administration and Management who reports to the Vice Provost for International Affairs and Global Strategies who reports to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience creating and executing overall messaging strategies and materials in the field of education for print media, including news and features stories, web, and marketing.
- Written and verbal communication skills to communicate complex subjects to groups with various levels of knowledge and management levels.
- Supervisory experience in hiring, training, coaching, assigning and reviewing work; establishing goals, assessing performance; and providing feedback and addressing complaints and corrective action.
- Computer knowledge (Apple and PC platforms) and experience to apply various programs (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, web applications) and software to accomplish assignments.
- Knowledge of budgeting practices, including preparing budgets, budget reports/forecast projects and reconciling expenses.
- Experience overseeing graphic designers, web designers and developers, writers, editors, photographers, consultants and videographers.
- Experience collaborating with public relations firms, marketing firms, and other marketing consultants.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field.
- Knowledge of principles, best practices and trends of effective communications management and leadership in national and international settings.
- Experience creating and managing marketing and communications efforts within a large organization that works internationally, or a comparable setting.
- Experience managing visual direction of print and online materials.
- Experience working in an environment with multiple demands and short timelines, prioritizing tasks and meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Experience creating and executing overall messaging strategies and materials in international education for print media, including news and features stories, web, and marketing.
- Knowledge and experience with all aspects of social media communications including strategic planning for various media venues, technical aspects and requirements, and appropriate and effective application.
- Familiarity with campus-wide offices, administrative contacts, campus structure and resources.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after closing date.
In order to ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, contact information for three references by 10/19/2017. Applicants are encouraged to specifically relate their backgrounds and experience to the requirements of the position as outlined above.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
507 E. Green St, Suite 404, MC-417
Champaign, IL 61820
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Illinois International Programs
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director for Communications - Illinois International Programs (A1700587)
Open Date: 09/21/2017
Close Date: 10/19/2017
Organization Name: IPS Admin