Staff Bus Driver
Transportation Operations at CU Boulder is looking for a Staff Bus Driver to join their team. The Staff Bus Driver fulfills the transit services for campus either through completing routine routes or contracts for special transportation needs. Bus drivers shall ensure prompt transit for campus affiliates and guests in consideration of their needs, vehicle operational capacity and road conditions. A commercial driver's license, class A or B, is required as well as experience driving buses or like-sized vehicles.
As a Bus Driver at CU Boulder, you will receive excellent benefits including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- EcoPass for free RTD rides
- An unparalleled retirement plan with an employer contribution at 10% of your salary
- Quarterly incentive for safe driving
Who we are:
As part of the Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) organization, Transportation Services provides comprehensive transit, fleet management, and maintenance to serve the faculty, staff, students and visitors at the University of Colorado Boulder. The University of Colorado vehicle fleet numbers over 600; a robust transit system moving 1.4 million riders per year at the University of Colorado-Boulder campus; and guidance for driver operations for campuses located in Aurora, Boulder, and Denver.
As such, we have the unique opportunity to influence the impressions every member of our university community and our visitors. We are team-oriented professionals, dedicated to meeting the needs of our community and providing the highest possible customer service. Experience dynamic growth, self-directed efforts and a challenging but rewarding industry.
What your key responsibilities will be:
The responsibilities of the Staff Bus Driver include:
- Safely transports people using university vehicles that the driver meets certification to operate. Navigates a variety of routine and contracted routes on a time schedule with passenger safety, road and traffic conditions, as well as vehicle operational capacity, under consideration.
- Completes pre and post trip inspections results on the appropriate forms, ensuring all forms are filled out properly for CDL paperwork. This includes but is not limited to recording passenger count, mileage, fuel, and other fluid usages and completes statistical summary by route.
- Conducts pre and post trip safety inspections to confirm vehicles suitability for route completion. Incumbent may add fluids, and perform other maintenance tasks if needed. However, should a vehicle fail during a pre-trip inspection or during a route, the driver will evaluate or operate a suitable alternative as well as notify dispatch and appropriate management.
- Complete continuing education to establish or maintain proficiency in vehicle operation capacities.
What we can offer:
Starting Salary: $17.75 an hour
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
What you should know:
Work hours are flexible and varied during the summer months.
Be supported. Be professional. Be positive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL), class A or class B.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Two years of verifiable experience operating buses or like-size vehicles OR six months experience operating a public transit bus with a Class B P2 endorsement, for RTD or their sub-contractors may substitute for the two years of experience.
What you will need:
- Attention to detail
- Able to navigate a variety of routine and contracted routes on a time schedule with passenger safety, road and traffic conditions, as well as vehicle operational capacity, under consideration.
What we'd like you to have:
- A valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with a passenger endorsement.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by October 19, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10831.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10533 - Parking & Transportation Servi
Posting Date: Sep 20, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 19, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00727796