Senior Network Administrator
The Senior Network Administrator reports directly to the Director of Networking and Systems Administration. This individual is a key, senior member of the networking team who will maintain, secure, optimize, expand and support a growing network infrastructure. The Stevens enterprise fundamentally depends upon a high-availability, state-of-the-art production network for academic, administrative, and research functions. Consistent with this, the Senior Network Administrator is responsible for the operational integrity of a scalable, sustainable, and secure network architecture that operates 24x7x365 to meet Stevens' mission, goals, and strategic initiatives.
The incumbent will play a key role in recommending, planning, and implementing technical solutions meeting complex needs for the Institute. This position requires a proven and successful individual who has the education, training, and professional experience consistent with the responsibilities of the role. Stevens' enterprise network infrastructure is a modern, complex Juniper/Aruba/Palo Alto network. Stevens' core network in our Data Center provides connectivity and security for numerous servers and storage systems in our private cloud environment. Stevens also utilizes an active colocation facility for business continuity, as well as an increasing number of key systems in commercial cloud environments.
The role will support campus-wide network infrastructure, security, routing, switching and wireless networking for 6000+ concurrent wired/wireless users. As is the case with all components of Information Technology, a fundamental responsibility of this individual is being highly user-centric and working directly with users. This will involve travel around campus, significant consulting and collaborating with users, and ensuring excellent customer service and responsiveness. This is an on-site position with an established work schedule. This position also requires the ability to work off hours and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the Institute, including non-scheduled onsite problem response when necessary. On-call rotation is likely as well. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a major role in ensuring the security, stability and overall usability of the Stevens' network and providing an excellent networking experience to our staff, faculty and students.
- Monitors network performance and ensures high level system availability and reliability.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues in Information Technology and across the university to provide ongoing support and to meet departmental and institutional needs.
- With the other members of the Network team, serves as Level 2-3 response concerning problems and assignments from User Support, including problem ticket resolution.
- Configures, maintains and optimizes network equipment including Juniper switches, Aruba access points, Aruba switches involving system upgrades service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Stays up to date with advances in the field, and ensures that Stevens' network designs and security posture conforms to best practices.
- Configures, maintains and optimizes security/authentication devices and software including Palo Alto 5220 Firewalls, Palo Alto Global Protect, Aruba Clearpass, and other components involving system upgrades, service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Configures, maintains, and optimally utilizes network monitoring and management devices and software including Aruba Airwave and Nagios including system upgrades involving service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitors system resource utilization, analyzes trending, and performs capacity planning.
- Works within established configuration and change management policies and procedures to ensure awareness, documentation, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Manages appropriate access control based on security and compliance requirements such as PCI.
- Collaborates with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve problems as needed.
- Collaborates with management, stakeholders, faculty and researchers to fulfill network and security needs, objectives, projects and ongoing plans.
- Works very well with customers, regardless of technical ability, in a complex, high pressure environment to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, trust and confidence.
- Plays a lead role in the evaluation and recommendation of new technologies and support strategies.
- Works in close and effective coordination and collaboration with external vendors and service providers.
- Leads consistent improvement of technology and services.
- Monitors and analyzes network traffic to maximize network performance and user productivity.
- Monitors both VM and physical servers through various network monitoring systems.
- Monitors and analyzes network threats through Palo Alto Panorama and performs vulnerability and threat assessment.
- Maintains network inventory database and service contacts.
- Trains and mentors' other employees and support staff on networking topics and issues
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Business Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or other major directly related to the responsibilities of the position strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of intensive professional experience in related field.
- Relevant network/security certifications preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both highly technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong self-initiation and the ability to work independently when necessary.
- Ability to work effectively as a positive and engaged member of a high-performing / collaborative team of professionals.
- Experience configuring, tuningand utilizing IDP/IPS, firewalls, and network behavioral analysis tools.
- Demonstrated experience at working well with senior management, peers and coworkers, and all levels of end users, in high-pressure situations and complex environments.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience with VoIP including VLAN, QOS, and SIP trunks.
- Experience with the configuration and administration of NetScaler devices.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Deep understanding and application of networking protocols and standards such as DNS, DHCP, BGP, OSPF, SNMP, 802.1x, 802.3, 802.11, etc.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools (open source tools such as Nagios preferred).
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position such as lifting, bending, standing for extended periods, and ladder work.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision-making commensurate with the responsibilities of the position, and specifically in maintaining a high-availability network.
- Weekend/off hours work as needed or required.
- Experience with Office365.
- Demonstrated experience in network redesign including data center segmentation.
- Hands-on experience with implementing Palo Alto Global Protect.
- At least 8-10 years of intensive professional experience in large, production networks.
- Substantial professional experience in higher education and research environments, providing infrastructure and support for academic, administrative, and research functions.
- Strong understanding of higher education systems and business processes preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of network security including IDS, DDoS, firewalls, and other distributed attack schemes.
- Knowledge and experience in Data Center management.
- Strong professional presence in subject area and higher education organizations, including presentations and committee participation.
- Project management, including complex and highly technical projects in production environments
- Expert knowledge of networking in general, and substantive professional experience or the proven ability to quickly transition to the Juniper, Aruba and Palo Alto platforms.
Office of Networking and Systems Administration
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police