Staff Research Associate 1
Salary: $43,704 - $52,200
Title: Staff Research Associate 1
Category: Science and Research
Date Posted: 09/21/2017
Position Information: The purpose of this position is to assist with the conduct of nematode management experiments. Activities will be conducted in the field, greenhouse, and laboratory at the Kearney Agricultural Research & Extension Center and other places. Knowledge of experimental design in the different contexts will be necessary. Conducting experiments in a safe, effective, accurate and productive manner.
*THIS POSITION IS LOCATED AT THE KEARNEY AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH & EXTENSION CENTER IN PARLIER, CA
Minimum Requirements: Education or experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Science in a biological field
At least two years of experience in agricultural research
Knowledge of agricultural methods including fertilizer regiments, weed management and insect control
Demonstrated experience in general laboratory skills including safety
Experience with plant care and plant related research & experience in aseptical research methods
California Drivers license
Ability to adapt research methods with given priorities
Ability to obtain a California Pesticide Applicator license will be required
Experience in using common software packages, e.g. Microsoft word, excel and power point
Demonstrated organizational, verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in nematology or plant pathology research desirable
Demonstrated experience with scientific publishing
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview