Technical Lead of Human Resources Information Systems
Technical Lead of Human Resources Information Systems
Reporting to the Senior Director of Enterprise Technologies. A key element of this role will be to manage all HRMS activity and act as a bridge between HR/Payroll professionals, IT developers and University Management groups: understanding stakeholder requirements and ensuring that technical development of the HR Information System (HRIS) meets HR business needs. You will also be in constant communication with various stakeholders and ensuring that interdependent HRIS projects are working to feasible deadlines. In particular, your main project will be the further development of a single source of comprehensive, consistent and high quality HR data, and its use to enhance system processes and procedural workflow. You will project manage the development of the existing HR/Payroll database, strategies and initiatives that support the university's business objectives. On an on-going basis, you will be required to develop an understanding of stake-holders requirements and deliver improvements to the HR/Payroll service offering.
The Technical Lead receives a minimum of administrative supervision, and exercises supervision of the HRMS Programmer/Analyst and HRIS Analyst.
Primary responsibilities include managing the development, implementation and enhancement of human resources information systems to meet current and future needs, specifically in the functional areas of recruiting, employment, compensation, benefits, performance management, talent management and payroll, as well as information security and reporting.
1. Manage team members and align resources to meet deliverables.
2. Manage and coordinate testing of scheduled HRMS/Payroll software patches and upgrades.
3. Communicate patch updates, patch schedules and functional system upgrades to HR/Payroll Staff and IT stakeholders.
4. Provide support for the Human Resources and Payroll systems for functional user questions and problems.
5. Coordination of ongoing development, administration, and implementation of HR/Payroll systems.
6. Lead functional area in development, testing and transition of new HR/Payroll technology.
7. Ability to design, prototype and present new HRIS components.
8. Assist in HR/Payroll related tasks including process changes, operational review, reporting, interfaces, communication and conversions.
9. Liaison between functional (HR) and technical (IT) areas for enhancements and production support issues.
10. Manage the integration of the HRMS application and reports with other business systems.
11. Utilize communication skills to translate requirements or issues into action plans and working solutions.
12. Ensure that system controls and processes meet all internal and external audit requirements.
13. Create and maintain HR modules interfaces inbound/outbound to third party vendors.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in HR or IT related areas including experience in business process analysis and project management with responsibility for completion of HR systems projects.
• Skilled in requirements definition, business process design, configuration, testing, reporting, documentation, training and support of Oracle Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS).
• Experience with integrated Oracle HRMS/Payroll applications and HRMS Self Service Module.
•3-5 years HR, Payroll or IT experience (Major Oracle Exposure).
• Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to work in a casual and results-oriented team environment.
• Experience in PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle ERP (R12), MS Office products and reporting tools (Discoverer), Proficiency in Excel, and related Oracle technologies
• Bachelors Degree required.
• Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Administration, Business/Management, Management Information Systems, or similar preferred.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
A. Knowledge of:
• Working knowledge of computerized HRIS database systems, word processing, and spreadsheets
• Working knowledge of standard recordkeeping practices
• Working knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
• Knowledge of general HR/Benefits/Payroll policies and procedures as they relate to records, wages, and benefits
B. Skill in:
• Strong project management skills.
• Ability to effectively influence at all organization levels.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent math proficiency
• Excellent verbal and written English communications and interpersonal skills
• Effective organizational time and work flow management; being detail-orientated
• Excellent telephone etiquette, ability to work effectively with multiple phone lines
• Accurate typing and proofreading skills
C. Ability to:
• Accurately assess user needs and respond with an appropriate organizational course of action
• With tact and discretion, able to effectively handle confidential information
• Relate effectively with a wide variety of people, both on the telephone and in person; learn and use operating practices of the HR department and the University.
• Courteously provide customer service in a prompt and efficient manner
• Effectively work as a team member with other Payroll/HR/Benefit team members staff, students, faculty, and the public
• Punctually work in an ever-changing multi-tasking, multi-deadline environment
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; usual work hours 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visitwww.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers' review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com
Click Here To Apply