Senior Network Engineer - IMT Engineering
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
This individual serves as Senior Network Engineer for Information & Media Technology (IMT). The Senior Network Engineer will provide technical leadership to all Network Engineers, Network Administrators, and Infrastructure Engineers. This person shares responsibility for the development, operation, and maintenance of APU's Network infrastructure. Responsibilities include managing wired/wireless networks, VoIP, installation and configuration of all Network Equipment (traditional network and telecom specific) equipment, monitoring Internet, CO, and Wide Area Network (WAN) connections, monitoring network usage and security logs, and responding to critical incidents.
You will be a part of the IMT Engineering team, an agile development and operations unit responsible for the lifecycle development and support of core technology infrastructure and integration middleware for the University. Increasingly, you will be part of cross-functional teams bringing automation to systems supporting operations.
- Any combination of education and training to possession of a bachelor's degree in computer science, information engineering or other related areas; such education should be at a level which demonstrates the ability to perform duties comparable to those listed therein.
- Possession of a Network Engineering Certificate or equivalent is required
- Possession of a CCNA or equivalent is preferred
- 6-9 years of Network or Systems Engineering and Administration experience in a professional environment
- Experience in all areas of local and wide area networks management and administration including system configuration, setup, troubleshooting, implementation, and user support
- Experience of the following: NAC, VPN, remote access servers, security devices, firewalls, security protocols, IDS / IPS, NAT/PAT, ACS, Adaptive Authentication, SecurID, Radius/LDAP/TACACS
- Experience installing and Microsoft server technologies; experience supporting telecommunications equipment
- Experience with managing data circuits: T1, DSx, OCx, MPLS, Metro Ethernet, etc
- Experience installing and managing SSL and IPSec VPNs on Cisco ASA or equavilent platforms
- In-depth experience with managing wireless LANs in an enterprise environment
- Experience with managing Cisco Call Manager or equivalent in an enterprise environment
- Experience with bandwidth shaping and QoS implementation
- Experience with switching, VLAN, STP, VPMS, Etherchannel
- Experience with static, EIGRP, RIPv2, OSPF, and BGP routing protocols
- Experience with managing and editing of ACLs
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.