Associate Vice President - Facility Management and Construction
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The Associate Vice President of Facilities Management and Construction provides strategic leadership and general management for the operations, development, and change necessary to maintain physically safe facilities ensuring current and future needs of the campus infrastructure meet the mission and vision of APU. This person gives professional direction to a comprehensive facilities management organization that provides facilities and infrastructure planning and maintenance; transportation, custodial and landscape services; space planning and administration; design and construction management; utilities management; and environmental stewardship, with overarching exemplary customer service.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Eight to ten years of management experience in facilities management or construction management.
- University planning experience preferred.
- Ten to fifteen years' experience in position(s) of increasing responsibility in facilities management or in a related field, including three to five years in management.
- Experience preferred in higher education.
- Proven experience in planning and process improvement for facilities.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Proven record in developing and executing organizational goals.
- Proven record in recruiting, developing, and managing staff.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships across organizational boundaries to produce effective outcomes.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.